Sunday, January 12, 2014

CHAIN CHOMPER Sculpted Skulboy Mini-Disc

Prototypes of sculpted Chain Chomper mini.

The latest Skulboy Designs project is the sculpted mini-disc Disc Golf marker. I've been trying to find ways of bringing sculpture into Disc Golf and after running into issues with a Disc Golfer statue, I think I may found a better solution with these minis. I plan on doing a series of minis and of course, a skull had to be the first. I am Skulboy after all.

 The urethane foam and sketch.

Finished sculpture.

Preparing for the mold.

The 2-part silicone mold and original sculpt.

As with the prototypes at the top of the page, there will be 2 versions. One that is color tinted casting resin and a full painted version.
These will be available in Spring 2014.

1 comment:

  1. Where can I get one of those? I'd like to get a Native American Skull with head dress chains mini designed. I'm getting the tattoo sometime.

    ReplyDelete